BMW M3, or anything thats more powerfull

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by gagan_singh, Dec 28, 2011.

1. gagan_singh

gagan_singh Super Moderator

hey guys, so my brother is looking to buy a car thats sporty {faster than the 240sx} but thats still luxury. we were looking at the 03 BMW M3, he really likes that look but when it comes to power it lacks compared to the 240. we were also considering the 04-05 Subaru impreza wrx sti. but thats a bit more on the sporty side... so do u guys have any suggestions on what we can check out?

btw he's willing to spend around $20-30k Canadian

THANKS!!

2. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

BMW / AUDI / MERC if you can get something fast like m3 , S4, AMG fr that price go for them but am not sure abt parts cheaper or what

for japanese Subaru WRX Sti is good but remember timing belt change means about 1800 dollars roughly

ever 200K Kms you need to change transmission biggest flaw

hmmm he wants luxury thouh.. any lexus?

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

in the sports luxury segment,the m3 is the king, i am sure you will find that the acceleration figures are right on, the only difference is the sensation of speed..i'll vouch for the m3 anyday

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Specially when your in Canada these cars are cheap compared to what we pay here

Lucky ba*trds :p

5. singh-a-lion

singh-a-lion Super Moderator

Yea dude its very very cheap. U can get gud hummer in 20k but here we hve to spend it alot. I wish i was der in canada or amrica. So can afford srt10 truck. :rolleyes:

6. gagan_singh

did some more looking around and there isn't much other cars in this category that are good. the newer M3 are good but he dont wanna spend like 50k for it. i dont think he wants the sti anymore. s4 is nice, one of my friends has it, he had to change his turbo and gaskets already. he spent like 3k doing that....

cars are cheap here, but u go to the US and there even cheaper. and parts are so easy to get over there!!

7. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

how about muscle cars

you can get a brand new mustang or camaro or corvette for that i guess.

premium luxury is okay

how about Lexus?

8. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

the s4 has a problem though..all audi's have the engine mounted in front of the axles..which means that car is nose heavy, and so gives pronounced oversteer when pushed really hard...making it unpredictable, the m3 is tailhappy, which is as close to the perfect attribute of a good handling car

9. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Bhai my friend bought a Audi s3 its all wheel drive I have to test drive that and will let you know

Am not a fan of Audi's except Audi R8 its a nice car made from charity :p

10. gagan_singh

if we were to get a mustang camero or a corvette, we would have to get the lowest trim package and maybe not even brand new. as for lexus there IS series is really nice, but when it comes down to power there not to fast except for the is-f model. the problem with the is-f is that first to expensive and second wayyyy to much gas, its a v8.

i think were gonna have to find something that less luxury and more sports.

11. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

yeah at this age I believe your brother is not in the early 40s

if not dont even think about those cars

12. gagan_singh

ya hes only 22. damn its hard to find a car :(

13. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

22 !! and he wants a LUXURY CAR

FML!

14. gagan_singh

lol he got a full time job in his accounting field. and this car will be his second car thats gonna be daily for him.

15. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

so what man

i got full time job too . i catch train :p u r rich