BMW E90 Build: Art Work

Discussion in 'DIY Zone - The Techincal Era' started by Codename.47, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

BMW E90 Build: Art Work

Source:Speedhunters.com

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cars built by Fluid Motor Union have graced these pages before, including this BMW E90 M3 that I featured in November last year. The other day I got an email with an update regarding this car. FMU engineered a new velocity stack system for the car and when I looked at the shots my jaw dropped.

The velocity stack has been designed and engineered in-house using AutoCAD.

The end result are these beautifully sculpted aluminum stacks and arms.

It's not completely finished just yet but already it has so much potential. I would drive the car without a hood if I had something like this to show off!

I'll let Mike from Fluid Motor Union explain what we are looking at here.

"The system incorporates an Aquamist water-methanol injection system, which runs from the tank in the back to a specially-designed manifold that splits up the 6mm inlet to eight 4mm direct-injection nozzles, which are placed at the ends of the arms that stretch over each individual stack."

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

it looks really beautiful..but what are the advantages associated with this kind of injection system...or is it just good to look at? not that i would mind eight different throttle bodies staring up at me when i open the hood..but one should know..!

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

yeah i wouldnt mind but its still in progress .. car isnt working

4. carsingh01

carsingh01 New Member

BMW Mini

BMW Mini is expected to come only for the petrol pumps which will be powered by a 1.6L and 1598 CC petrol engine. The powerful engine of the BMW Mini delivers a peak power of 120 bhp at 6000 rpm along with a maximum torque of 160 Nm at 4250 rpm. The gear transmission system will be a six speed manual type for all the variants. The entry level cars will be lower priced with 1.4L and peak power of 75 bhp and peak torque of 160 Nm.

5. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Irrelevant post