Best Diesel Car under 10L

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by Gill, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Gill

Gill New Member

I am looking for a Diesel Car for monthly usage of around 1000km.
    Budget is 10 Lakhs.

So far I have narrowed it down to the following-

1. Volkswagen Vento
    2. Toyota Etios
    3. Fiat Linea

Any inputs will be greatly appreciated

-Gill

2. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

I don't think Diesel variant of Etios is available,Yet.
    Among other two, Vento would be my choice :)

3. *kinnu*

*kinnu* New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

boths cars have gud looks but i will also suggest u vento :)

4. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

There is a pretty long waiting period for VW vento, do consider that in your decision.

sukhpaln73 likes this.
  5. GTD

GTD Super Moderator

If you are looking at pure looks then ofcourse it should be Vento. Let me dig up some technical specs and i will get back to you on the other aspects.

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

I would really like to see people posting techincal features and then having a discussion because its all about engines and the features that a car provides.

I can't really comment on these ones

7. Ak47_Riskykz

Ak47_Riskykz New Member

Vw is best in ma view !

8. julietmarly

julietmarly Banned

I have been driving a petrol car for a long time, and now I have got a diesel car. When I asked between the difference between the two, the car dealer went into lengthy discussions about how the engine technology is different. I am not interested in knowing that. I want to know how it will be different for me as a driver. What care specfic to diesel car I need to take while driving?

9. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Good question

Since Diesel engines are not really a High speed engines you need a bit of extra for the diesel engine.
    turbo on a diesel engine does improve the performance.

So you should be looking for a engine whether its turbo or non turbo.
    Cost of maintenance as diesel engine are expensive to maintain make sure you do look for it

10. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

In this argument, i think the vento wins hands down...because fiats presence in the indian market is still an issue(i was a daewoo owner, and i went thru a phase when i couldn't find spare parts when daewoo went bust), vw on the other hand have strong brand presence and not to forget, its german..! other than that i would really argue on the sx4 diesels behalf...do consider it.
    @julietmarly, you need to consider driving conditions, buy a diesel if you travel a lot(on highways), don't buy one if a lot of hill driving is involved(a diesel engine runs out of breath at high altitude, especially turbo charged ones), and you have to consider your driving style, the power curve in a petrol engine is pretty linear, so its for people whose anticipation isn't that good and the power is mostly developed at the top end, on the other hand in a diesel(turbo), the power curve if exponential, once its on boost, it runs like a crazy horse but its outta breath at the top end..! that said, both have their advantages...you have to understand what would suit you the best...!

11. adamina

adamina New Member

I have been driving a petrol car for a long time, and now I have got a diesel car. When I asked between the difference between the two, the car dealer went into lengthy discussions about how the engine technology is different. I am not interested in knowing that. I want to know how it will be different for me as a driver. What care specfic to diesel car I need to take while driving?

12. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

well you'll need to be more adept to the maintainence of the vehicle..though modern diesels ask for much less maintainense you, you still need to be particular about oild changes, oil filter, fuel filter and other consumable, as a driver...if you have a sedate driving style, i think you will prefer the diesel as all its power is down low in the rpm band, at high rpm's you'll only lose power along with production of sooty smoke as the exhaust, if you live somewhere where it's really cold its always a good idea to let the engine idle for about two minutes before you set off(this is especially applicable to turbo diesel engines)

13. alcatraz

alcatraz New Member

VW Vento available in 1.6 L Petrol and 1.6 L Diesel. Petrol comes with an Automatic Transmission which is a top end variant
    Fiat Linea:1.4 L Petrol and 1.3 L Diesel
    Toyota Etios:1.5 L Petrol and 1.4 L Diesel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. reneestewart28

reneestewart28 New Member

I think your first option is well and good. You can definitely find one such in the range you are expecting. My suggestion will be to look for automobile technology too, for any vehicle you choose to purchase. Now a day’s going for diesel vehicles is far good, if you are considering fuel efficiency.

15. Ashish Sehgal

Ashish Sehgal New Member

volkswagen Vento.

Three sedans you have chosen . All the three cars have completely different engine displacements.
    Volkswagen Vento - 1598 cc.
    Toyota Etios - 1364 cc.
    Fiat Linea - 1248 cc.
    Fiat Linea shares the power plant under it's hood with Maruti Swift, Swift Dzire and Sx4 (all ZDi variants). It's engine is not that strong as compared with VW Vento. If you are looking for Linea, then you may have a look on SX4 too, it is far better in overall performance and features than Linea. I won't recommend going for an Etios. It's a budget sedan, and therefore, the interior quality,plastic used is not made for the one who is looking forward for a VW.
    You get a li'l less features than Linea in a Vento, like no ABS,no EBD,no airbags,no automatic airconditioning,no rear seat centre armrest, driver seat height adjustment not available, no fog lamps, steering mounted audio controls not available.

These were a few limitations but going on the overall performance side, Volkswagen dominates with a big difference. It's a premium luxury sedan. It claims more ARAI mileage than the other two,touch screen media player with satellite navigation, AC with dust and pollen filter,Livon fabric upholstery.

16. johan

johan New Member

HI Gill
    I would suggest for Volkswagen Vento it will be best from rest two and I would say that you can also check new Nissan Sunny.

17. rosenable

rosenable Banned

Though diesel cars are more expensive than petrol but it is just a onetime investment. Once you have bought a diesel car than you do not need to worry about the expenses of the fuel.

18. amanrawal

amanrawal New Member

Toyota Etios, the new affordable price range sedan car is recently launched in India. Toyota Etios comes with 1.5 litre refined engine. this engine generate a Maximum Torque of 132 Nm @3000 rpm with a Maximum Power 89 Bhp @5600 rpm. Toyota Etios available in petrol and Diesel variants. Petrol and Diesel engine comes in 1496cc and 1364 cc engine. 1.5 litre refined engine provides good mileage with Acceleration and Pick Up. 17.5 km/litre on the highway while within the city it provides mileage of 13.5 km/litre. it is good fuel efficient sedan car. it is a five sitter sedan car. Etios come with Manual Transmission.

Toyoto Provides all good features, attractive design & advance technology in Etios. some of these features include in Toyota Etios Air Conditioner, Power Steering, Adjustable/Tilt Steering, Adjustable Seats, Multi-function Steering Wheel, Remote Trunk/Boot Opener, Luggage Compartment Lamp, Rear Reading Lamp and etc. almost all Toyota Etios features & specifications is safe and attractive.

Toyota Etios Interior is so comfortable and provide a dynamic look. it is come with Dual Tone Interiors. Exterior is so funny and sporty. it is comes with strong bonnet line, Adjustable Headlamps, Turn Indicators and Outside Rear View Mirror, with clear lens fog lamps. Interoior is so Cute and comfortable and Exterior design is a impreesive.

The Toyota Etios available in six exciting colours. overall Toyota Etios is impressive car for indian car buyers. and is a complete package of good car.

If you want more information of Toyota Etios then you can follow this url..
    http://www.carkhabri.com/carmodels/toyota/toyota-etios

19. amanrawal

amanrawal New Member

Honda City is a great car of Honda Motors. Honda City Price in India Rs. 7 To Rs. 10 lakhs. This car Looks more sporty compared to the other car model. Interior design is so cute and attractive. Honda City interior is spacious and is adorned with plenty of comfort and convenience features to give total comfort. & exterior design is more stylish better than other cars.

20. johan

johan New Member

Hey Gill
    First of all I would like to mention here that your monthly travel is huge. Here the best car would be Fiat Linea as Toyota Etios will not be reliable here but I also want that you should also check other car as they will be best the these cars as you can go for Maruti Swift, Maruti Swift dzire, Tata Manza etc.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014