a good hatchback under 6lac

Discussion in 'What Car Should I Buy?' started by singlahn, Aug 18, 2012.

1. singlahn

singlahn New Member

hey guys please suggest a good hatchback under 6lac in petrol version.
    earlier i was about to buy i20, its a bit broad (about 5 cm) as per parking space. And, there is a long waiting on Swift. So please suggest any other car with not very high maintenance.
    thank you

2. Arun Malhotra

Arun Malhotra New Member

Maruti Ritz is a top performer from the stable of Maruti Suzuki. The B+ segment hatchback has a top speed of 165 kmph. The power engine coupled with smooth shifting of gears throttles the car to give high performance along with increased fuel efficiency.Ritz gives an impressive mileage of 14.5-17.5 kmpl in city and 18- 21 kmpl on highways.price bracket of Rs 4.02 lakh – Rs 5.39 lakh (ex-showroom New Delhi) depending on variants.

3. singlahn

singlahn New Member

I am planning to buy i10 ny better suggestions ???

4. riyachouhan

riyachouhan New Member

Go for Maruti Swift Diesel car gives mileage in city is 19.0 kmpl and 22.9 kmpl on the highway.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  5. singlahn

singlahn New Member

@riyachouhan thnx for the reply
    but as i said earlier, I want only petrol version, also there is a long waiting on Swift.

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

You want a diesel car only if your using it a lot as a daily commutor and that too because Diesel is cheap in India.

If your running per month is low might just get a petrol car.
    Are you going to spend a 1 LAC rs in petrol ? no right

7. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

I would rather go for Ritz. good value for money, low maintenance and Maruti assurance.

8. singlahn

singlahn New Member

I am not that traveling person. My total running of a month would be around 300-400km, hance, i am going for petrol

9. singlahn

singlahn New Member

I have no idea about the interior and features of Ritz. Are, these same as that of i10?

10. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

how much is that like a tank ful of petrol thats good man.

you should be able to travel that distance in a tank ( 40 lts)

11. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Overall Ritz is a better car, bigger engine, more spacious and better fuel economy (claimed) .

though i10 is cheaper.

12. sharmatanu

sharmatanu New Member

Hyundai i20 is a good option in Hatchback segment car.

13. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

i think if you haggle you can get a fairly good discount on the ritz ;)

14. Arun Malhotra

Arun Malhotra New Member

@singlahn maruti cars have low maintenance and good mileage and better resale value and about ritz it's interior more comfortable then hyundai i10.
    check this link for more deatil here is complete review about ritz.
    maruti suzuki ritz review

15. luckysingh

luckysingh New Member

Hi,

I would suggest you Maruti Swift is best for you.The car has once again come to the party with its new avatar. The car will look to carry on the success of the A-Star, WagonR, Alto K10 and Ritz.The sedan has improved in terms of the dynamics, increased performance and improved CO2 emissions and economy.

16. anshu

anshu New Member

Hi,

According to me Honda brio fits in your budget car comes with cute attractive looks and also loaded with excellent features like Chrome front grille, Body colored front and rear bumpers, High mount stop lamp alongside electronic Power Steering and AC with Heater Front Power Windows, Central Locking and Tachometer etc.

17. luckysingh

luckysingh New Member

Hi,

Your choice is good and attractive in which Maruti Swift is really excellent car now in time.Maruti Swift ZDI is one of the best diesel model in Maruti's.

18. RightCarPrice

RightCarPrice New Member

I would suggest you to go with either Ritz or i10. Both the cars are worth the money.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2012
  19. Jagadish_TA

Jagadish_TA New Member

I own a Brio and its a hassle free ownership. Believe it or not .. as the tagline says.. "It loves you back"
    I mean you would enjoy owning this vehicle as its Powerful, comparatively spacious inside. Only thing that may be of concern would be the boot space.

However its a vehicle that can be owned without blinking for sure and above all the Honda brand...known for its quality and frugal engineering.

I'm giving my 2nd service tmrw...

My usage is aswell very less and hence opted for Petrol ( although initially was very much eager to go for a Diesel)
    As you have made up your mind on Petrol and sub 6 Lakh car, Brio is one good option for sure.

20. luckysingh

luckysingh New Member

Hi,

According to me Ford Figo is right option for you.It exterior body design,quality body colours and small size are gives feels high speed performance car. The small car was developed as an India bound car, taking into consideration the needs and preferences of the Indian car lovers.Ford Figo is available in both petrol and diesel engine option,carrying 1.2L petrol and 1.4L diesel engines, respectively.