2T oil in Petrol Car

Discussion in 'Basic Guides' started by Dhillon, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Dhillon

Dhillon Administrator Staff Member

Someone advised to add small amount of 2T oil in petrol for smoother engine,more power and mileage.
    So me and a friend tried it today as an experiment.

We filled the tank of Maruti Ritz with Normal unleaded petrol and drove from Chandigarh to Patiala ( about 80Kms ) Spent couple of hours with friends there.

On way back topped up the fuel tank again and added 80ml of Castrol 2T oil.
    The engine felt definitely smoother, both at low and high speed , can't say about power. Haven't calculated the milege yet, will update soon.

Regularly mixing 2T might clog the system but I'd definitely recommend trying it once on a long trip.

Note: 2T oil should not be more than 1ml per Litre of Petrol.

2. deep

deep New Member

i guess it will increase carbon buildup in cylinder head and piston

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

the car will fire smoke at the back and it can put alot of carbon on the injectors/plugs

4. Dhillon

You are only adding 0.1% 2T oil in petrol for the 4 stroke car engine compared to 2% for 2 stroke bike engine. Also 2T contains ingredients to remove carbon and is formulated to completely burn in the combustion chamber.

The science behind mixing 2T in petrol for 4 stroke car engines

When fuel enters combustion chamber it turns into vapours of various sizes, the smaller molecules burn first and bigger molecules ignites later on giving an uneven combustion of sorts.
    2T Oils contain about 25% PolyIsoButylene (PIB), PIB changes the properties of fuel, resulting in uniformity of fuel molecules, hence total and uniform combustion.

Source: United States Patent: 5906665

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

hmmm, that makes sense as an experiment..! but the only thing i would be concerned about is that oil is heavier, and requires more oxygen to burn..and obviously releases more energy per combustion, whats the report on its effects on engine life?

6. Dhillon

I don't think 0.1% 2T should effect the combustion by much, petrol available in India already may have more impurities / adulterations than 0.1%

update: The friend has reported slightly higher mileage.

7. Sylvi

Sylvi New Member

2t on Petrol car engines

I will like to know what is the advantages and any disadvantages mixing 2toil to petrol engine,
    I live in Srilanka using Indian Maruti Omni Has done only 11 Kilometers.
    Sylvi.

8. carfuelindia

carfuelindia New Member

About car fuel

I don't know more about 2t oil in petrol car but i did read some suggestion on this page and find a new points.i have to read carfuel that efficient for cars.May be it helps to you.