2012 Honda CR-V

Discussion in 'International Automotive Scene' started by Codename.47, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

The 2012 Honda CR-V is entering its fourth generation with a sleek and sophisticated body styling. It will be a car that offers multiple technology firsts for Honda and it increases fuel economy on all models.

Major enhancements for the 2012 CR-V include improved interior comfort , a smoother and quieter ride, and more innovative features.

Powering by a 2.4-liter i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine, which produces 185 horsepower and 164 lb-ft of torque, the 2012 CR-V has an estimated city/highway fuel economy rated at 23/31 mpg for FWD, 22/30 mpg for AWD. The 2012 Honda CR-V has 5 horsepower more than the previous generation CR-V and at the same time has 1 mpg (city), 3 mpg (highway) better than previous generation; that is an improvement of 10% in highway driving.

The 2012 Honda CR-V EX and EX-L models ride on 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels with 225/65R17 all-season tires. The CR-V LX runs on 16-inch stamped steel wheels with 215/70R16 all-season tires.

Attached Files:

2. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

they've gone with the styling theme of the accord..not the best choice in my personal opinion

3. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

Front looks bulky and back looks ugly as

car looks huge and that 2.4 Litre i-vtec is just not enough according to what it looks like

4. insane.nick

insane.nick New Member

The interiors too are recognizable as a CRV, and the shift lever sprouting from the central console is familiar too. As is the Honda design philosophy of the dashboard. Which has that swooping curve on the passenger side. much like the current Accord and Civic.

5. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

@rahul, the performance standpoint was never the strength of the crv, its sales were justified by its car-like ride and handling and flexible seating and storage, as long as honda keeps it that in mind this car will sell much like it predecessor, in india though this car doesn't make much sense, it sold as much as it did because of only one reason...people really didn't have another choice(if you call the safari a choice in this segment then maybe), now though the games changed entirely, and honda will def need a diesel engine in its lineup if it wants to get back to its former glory days

6. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

yeah but how much are they .? arent these honda crv's in the same segment as
    ford endeavor, tata safari ?

People must be relying on the honda for its reliability and built isn't it?

Well if i have to chose a car from ford tata hyundai and honda.. i'd def go for honda

They should make diesel powered CR-v's if they want to go from 1000's to 100,000's

7. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

nope..the crv is in a class of its own, i think the cheapest you'll find it is about 24lacs on road(2wd)..and that more expensive than the fortuner, which really beats it hollow in all respects including reliablity

8. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

24 LACS!!! for that sh*t