2011 Ferrari 458 Italia Specs & Review

Discussion in 'International Automotive Scene' started by Codename.47, May 7, 2011.

1. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

2011 Ferrari 458 Italia & Review

The new 4499 cc V8 is the first Ferrari direct injection engine to be mid-rear mounted. It has a very low piston compression height typical of racing engines which contributed to achieving its compression ratio of 12.5:1. Equipped with the traditional flat-plane crankshaft, the engine delivers 570 CV at 9000 rpm and, with an outstanding power output of 127 CV/litre, sets a new benchmark not only for the whole Ferrari range and the history of company, but also for the entire market segment. Maximum torque is 540 Nm at 6000 rpm, over 80 per cent of which is available from 3250 rpm. Specific torque is a record 120 Nm/litre. However, what is truly extraordinary is the amount of torque available while still maintaining high levels of power at low revs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video Review

YouTube - Ferrari 458 Italia driven by autocar.co.uk

2. Ak47_Riskykz

Ak47_Riskykz New Member

Nyc share !

3. Dhhawal

Dhhawal New Member

This car is widely speculated to be ear mark the resurgence of Ferrari, said to be the first properly styled Ferrari in decades, one of the most contemporarily beautiful Ferrari's, (the 599's styling isn't to everyones taste), they have even used this styling cue on the new ferrari ff, and the california isn't what you'd call beautiful,
    The Italia has a whole new generation on engine managment and suspension management systems which make sure you can go as fast as possible, but in my opinion(my very own personal one), I don't think people buy ferrari's to 'go as fast as you can', after all you don't race someone in an Aston Martin every so often. But it should make you feel special and plant a big smile on your face even when you are driving alone, it should make you feel special...I don't think it has the potential to make each and every owner feel that way. Electronic aides are fine when you are racing, and each and every second counts, but when you are on a road, these very electronic aides rob it of its nature, a car should really be its engine, its chassis, and excellent handling which can be exploited by a good driver, if everybody can exploit it, that doesn't make it very special does it?

4. Codename.47

Codename.47 Guest

If i have money to buy a ferrari why would I drive crazy to wreck it? No I wont
    IF I want a fast car I'll probably buy a GTR and keep Italian car for comfortable ride.

Ferrari F599 GTB looks ugly as and the Ferrari FF is just a waste