Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Maruti 800cc Diesel soon

Dhillon is offline Sa'ab
    Threads

Default Maruti 800cc Diesel soon

Maruti is developing a small two-cylinder 800cc diesel engine along with Suzuki Motor Corp in Japan. The all-new diesel engine is likely to punch 40 horsepower and may deliver fuel efficiency of 25-30 kilometres to a litre.Testing and validation is currently on in Japan and, if all goes well, the project may come down to India for indigenisation in 6-12 months. According to conservative estimates, it will be ready for a rollout by 2015 in India.
    The engine is likely to power the next generation A-Star, or globally Alto, which has not made a major inroad into the country. "The development is at a very initial stage. It is a ground up project, and a lot of effort is being put in. The engine has to deliver the required level of performance, as well as fuel efficiency.

There is no official response from Maruti, yet.

singh-a-lion is offline Super Moderator My Car: jeep srt8
    Threads

Cool. It will sel like hot cake

Codename.47 Guest

jaan lelo 800 di

crescendo is offline Junior Member My Car: 120
    Threads

800 on diesel ? Good option for low budget users.

Arun Malhotra is offline Senior Member My Car: Honday City 2012
    Threads

now 800 in diesel ...wow...but i heard ppl say this deepwali nano diesel coming with 40 kmpl .

Dhhawal is offline Senior Member My Car: Mercedes C-200 Kompressor
    Threads

with such a configuration, the engine is going to be unrefined and is gonna have quite a bit of vibration as well in its current common rail guise
    Codename.47 likes this.

Codename.47 Guest

800 cc diesel engine is going to be like the ones comes in bullet single piston like a tractor

kelly123 is offline Junior Member My Car: WEGNOR, I10
    Threads

Default khuji

Hi,
    Welcome to this forum site , it is a best for ever to solve your any kind of queries , but right now , I am not able to give you any kind of comment , I think you have to contact your friends for batter solution.
    Last edited by Codename.47; 01-Aug-2012 at 04:08. Reason: No advertisments please

supercharged44 is offline Junior Member My Car: tata safari 4x4,ford ikon 1.6,swift zxi and palio 1.6 gtx
    Threads

800 diesel ?! , wel sum dayz back jus for fun sake i tok a small drive wid d tata ace iris magic, boy it was "crude" in d way da engine delivers its power n torque, gets sum geting used to, especially wen ur used to regular cars, but apart frm dat evry thing was gud,d brakes wer fantastic, gud lights,ok suspension,and suprisingly gud handling..
    So after taking sum experiance from dis i feel if maruti wants to get it rite they shud do so by choosein d rite engine and a wel executed gear box wid proper ratios...

insane.nick is offline Senior Member My Car: Lamborghini Gallardo
    Threads

I can't understand on one side they are planing to launch Maruti Alto 800 and halting the production of Maruti 800 and replacing Maruti 800 in next two years.Then why there is a need to develop a 800 cc diesel engine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast